The view from here
Fall is finally really in the air here. The leaves have changed colors and are rapidly falling. It isn't anywhere near as beautiful as New England foliage, but I still love my daily walks to and from preschool. There is something about the crisp fall breeze, the array of colored leaves, and the bountiful supply of tiny oranges that make it wonderful. We are blessed to have moved to a beautiful city. There are well landscaped parks every few blocks, a few miles worth of bayside biking and walking paths, complete with flowers, older Chinese architecture, and newer designs. It is about as peaceful as a big city could possibly be I think. So here are a few photos of the view from here and why they make me thankful:
The contrast of old and new all mixed in together
The men sitting and playing cards or chess on every corner
All the curious things that are hung to dry in our courtyard
The exquisite parks lining the coast
Robbie's delightful preschool
A peaceful place to sit and study
The fantastic view from our living room windows
The beautiful city skyline
Endless varieties of fresh produce outside my gate
a shady walk to school
The rich cultural heritage
A little slice of pizza and home
I am so thankful for the beauty that is in this city. It has a lovely contrast of old and new. The locals are friendly and curious. Walking the streets and the parks here is peaceful for me (well when we're not almost getting run over by a car :-) I hope I never get over being amazed by the diversity that God created in the earth. It is fascinating to see the world through new eyes, from a different viewpoint, as the outsider peering through the glass. He has given us a wonderful life.
The contrast of old and new all mixed in together
The men sitting and playing cards or chess on every corner
All the curious things that are hung to dry in our courtyard
The exquisite parks lining the coast
Robbie's delightful preschool
A peaceful place to sit and study
The fantastic view from our living room windows
The beautiful city skyline
Endless varieties of fresh produce outside my gate
a shady walk to school
The rich cultural heritage
A little slice of pizza and home
I am so thankful for the beauty that is in this city. It has a lovely contrast of old and new. The locals are friendly and curious. Walking the streets and the parks here is peaceful for me (well when we're not almost getting run over by a car :-) I hope I never get over being amazed by the diversity that God created in the earth. It is fascinating to see the world through new eyes, from a different viewpoint, as the outsider peering through the glass. He has given us a wonderful life.
Comments
Post a Comment