It's a wonderful week
It's Thanksgiving week! It snuck up on us very quickly this year! But we are looking forward for all the extra chances for us to express our thanks to God for some of His blessings in our lives out loud with our friends and family. There really are too many to number which I am realizing more and more as I make this small attempt to name them. I am struck again and again that this discipline of naming His gifts, of recognizing them out loud for myself to see, really gives me new eyes. It helps me to see clearly that His love is everywhere, in each little detail of my life. Even the things I initially perceive to be negative, when seen in this light look different. As I look back I can see His hand in the good and the bad alike, shaping my life into what it is today. What if I believed Him today, not just when looking back, that all of His gifts were good and I really could "rejoice always"?
1. Taking adventure walks outside with the kids to find "treasure" (leaves)
2. Spending a wonderful evening with friends saying bye to Lisa for a little while she travels
3. Singing His praise in 2 languages
4. Warm cinnamon buns
5. The opportunity to teach some Asian ladies how to bake banana bread
6. The sunlight that floods my apartment every morning
7. Finding some beautiful fall leaves
8. Being able to find a turkey on the other side of the world
1. Taking adventure walks outside with the kids to find "treasure" (leaves)
2. Spending a wonderful evening with friends saying bye to Lisa for a little while she travels
3. Singing His praise in 2 languages
4. Warm cinnamon buns
5. The opportunity to teach some Asian ladies how to bake banana bread
6. The sunlight that floods my apartment every morning
7. Finding some beautiful fall leaves
8. Being able to find a turkey on the other side of the world

Glad you found a turkey. :) Hope it turns out great. The leaves are almost down over here, but I enjoy looking at yours (and your kids even more :)! Love you.
ReplyDelete