I didn't grow up on this street

As I push my stroller around town headed to the grocery school or to preschool I usually ignore the signs. Most of them aren't in English and reading random Chinese out of context is still pretty much out of my league. But these ones have stopped me in my tracks a few times. So today I'm thankful........
1. That I didn't grow up on this street
2. That our decision to have 2 children thus far was between us and God.
3. That I grew up in a home and a community where the value of life was high
4. That I could be equally happy when finding out "it's a girl" as I was when I found it "it's a boy"
5. My wonderful sister who is also my best friend
6. For all of the great aunts and uncles my kids have
7. For the 3 adorable cousins my kids can grow up with
I am thankful to have been born where I was, into the family that I was, with the freedoms and joys that accompanied it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Identity

Not forgotten

The Fount of Every Blessing