It was a Happy Thanksgiving



We just finished our second Thanksgiving celebration of the week. We truly have lots to be thankful for. Our first turkey was shared with Rob's family. I am so thankful for the chance that my kids have to celebrate holidays with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. It is a crazy strange blessing that we have been given to have relatives actually on the other side of the world with us. I don't know anyone else who has been given that kind of a gift, but He gave it to us, and we are thankful for it.







Our second thanksgiving was tonight at our home. We shared our turkey with those who very recently were strangers, but we now count as family. A year ago, I didn't know 1/2 the people in this photo. Today I can't imagine not knowing them. We share the same heartbeat, and although we don't share the same background, or family history, or even nationality, we are forever bonded together by what HE has done for us.







We've experienced quite a bit in this last year, the little bunch of us. God has given us amazing things and He has also taken things we treasured from us. In this little band there have been tragic losses, major changes, crazy moves, relationships born, and friendships developed. We believe that everything we received this year, both the pleasant and the unpleasant, were from the hand of our Father, given to us from a heart of love. So we come to the table deeply thankful and filled with trust that "every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights" Perfect gifts don't always look like we would want them to. Some of them are easy, beautiful, and amazing to receive. Some of them are hard, ugly, and painful to take. Some of them we recognize instantly. Some of them we never notice. And some of them we have a hard time accepting as what they are. But as He has in the past so we believe He will do in the future. For we know that all things work together for good to those who love God. And we believe that neither height, or depth, or things present, or things to come, or any other thing is able to separate us from His love. So we choose to rejoice always. It is our way to say Thank You.



Comments

  1. Great pics! I love reading your writings. Such a sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between visitors, the holidays, and ballet practice for both girls....I have been so behind. Just read your entire month of November. Love reading your writing and esp for me the pics of QD/HD. Sidewalks, trees, clean...maybe I'm just remembering the good parts but would come back tomorrow if offered. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Fount of Every Blessing

I did it again :-)

Better a Neighbor who is near