Walking in the Clouds

This week we have had the strangest weather! It has been almost as if we were living in the clouds. Fog has descended for several days now, blanketing our part of the city. At times I can't even see across the street. It's been a bit weird, but actually not too bad. It has held off the heat and stretched out springtime so I won't complain. We also had 2 thunderstorms which is un-heard of here. And I LOVE thunderstorms so it was fun! A few photos for your viewing pleasure :-)



I am getting quite sentimental about leaving our home of 2 years here. We have LOVED our time in this city and this apartment. We have made precious friends and enjoyed the company of family. We have been so blessed with wonderful times and wonderful memories. I am starting to take pictures of everything so we can remember.



This past week our apartment was signed over to the next tenants. It made me very sad and sentimental. I can't believe our time here has come to an end. We are very excited for the next step, but sad to say our goodbyes, and leave this place. Glad we're not going too far.




It feels a bit sureal to surrender our lives here and try a new adventure. The fog this week has actually quite fit my mood. It feels as unreal as our new life changes.

Comments

  1. I'm up late, thinking about you. I remember sobbing when I hugged Mel for the last time before college. I remember hugging Mom and Dad goodbye before they drove home from dropping me off. I remember aching for Jared when we parted after the summer. I remember saying goodbye to you, watching you and your precious family walk through airport security, watching you drive off in the shuttle. The lingering emptiness. The feeling that something is missing. Something is broken.

    I am sad for you, I'm sad that you're saying goodbye to so many precious people. We're all just wandering around down here, looking for home. When you find it, I'll be there too. Then we can share friends.

    Like my fathers I am looking for a home
    Looking for a home beyond the sea
    So be my God and guide me
    Till I lie beneath the hills
    Then let the great God of my fathers
    Be the great God of my children still
    ~Andrew Peterson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identity

Not forgotten

The Fount of Every Blessing