Saying goodbye
So we're just about ready to board the plane and head off for our crazy trip to the states (I almost wrote home, but I have very conflicting feelings about that these days). These last 2 weeks have been crazy; packing, moving, saying goodbye to all of our friends, and packing some more.
Hard to believe we have lived here for almost 2 years! It went by so quickly. When we came here I was so afraid that we would feel lonely and it would be hard to find friends. 2 years later I am having so much trouble saying goodbye to all the wonderful friends we have found here. We have had a whirlwind of goodbye parties. Ladies night out at the Indian restaurant, the last playgroup where the girls gave me and the other ladies moving on such a sweet and heartfelt gift and sendoff, then there was a birthday bbq on the beach, and lots of last visits and long hugs with amazing people. I've mentioned before how strange this lifestyle is; the coming and going, the constant transition. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have found this last 2 years to be full of wonderful and lasting relationships with people from all over the globe.
Mostly all of our expat friends were gone by this week, and Robbie was starting to wonder about where his friends were. So we had lots of conversations like this: "Mommy where is Mac?", he's in Canada honey." "mommy, I think I saw Victor" "No Robbie he's in Holland", "Mommy where was Bill this Sunday?" "He's in Taiwan", "Mommy where is Lucas new home?" "Well he is in the Czech republic now but then his new home is in Beijing" This summer we are buying a globe. I never imagined teaching world geography to my 3 year old son, but it is his world. His friends are at this moment scattered across the globes with their wonderful mothers who have become so dear to me. We have had so much fun learning new cultures, new customs, and new ideas from so many different places through all of these amazing people.
Some of these friends we will see again. Some we may never run into again on this side of eternity. But they have all touched our lives in some way, and we will never forget the friendship they gave to us during our time here. These photos don't even begin to encompass all of the dear friends we will be missing from here, just a few special goodbyes from these last 2 weeks. The list of people who have left their mark on our hearts here is too long to name. We have much to be thankful for.



Oh my dear sister, I love you so much. I am aching for you to come home...I'm jittery with excitement. And yet, I ache for you as you leave these wonderful people. I'm so thankful that God has filled your life and your heart with so many people to love. Oh taste, taste and see that He truly is good.
ReplyDelete