Children's Day
Friday was “International Children’s Day”. It’s a BIG deal here. So many times this week I got asked what American’s do to celebrate, and I laughingly replied that we don’t celebrate it. Everyone was shocked since they truly believe it’s international.
Some of Robbie's rollerblading class performing
Robbie's class marching for their butterfly song. Fortunately Robbie was in his Taekwando uniform waiting to perform so he got to skip the blue sequins :-)
In accordance with the celebration, Robbie’s preschool had a big to-do. All the parents came and watched as the kids performed different marches, song, and dance routines. Robbie’s part in the performance was a Taekwando demonstration with his class. His last public performance was littered with tears so I didn’t have high expectations. But he did so great! He punched and kicked like a little pro! I was so proud!
After the performances, each classroom was set up with a different carnival game for the parents and kids to play together. Everything from paperclip fishing to ping pong balls and chopsticks. After completing all the games and getting our prizes, the whole school walked down to the water-front park for a big picnic together. The kids had a great time running around together and playing.
I still haven’t learned proper picnic etiquette here. My idea of picnic food is some PB&J, some fruit, and a cookie. That isn’t quite the same idea that the parents of Robbie’s classmates have. They showed up with chicken wings, meat balls, vegetables, fruits, breads, yogurt. All seriously prepared in large quantities to share with everyone. PB&J isn’t too easy to share Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson for my next picnic.
Some of Robbie's rollerblading class performing
Robbie's class marching for their butterfly song. Fortunately Robbie was in his Taekwando uniform waiting to perform so he got to skip the blue sequins :-)
In accordance with the celebration, Robbie’s preschool had a big to-do. All the parents came and watched as the kids performed different marches, song, and dance routines. Robbie’s part in the performance was a Taekwando demonstration with his class. His last public performance was littered with tears so I didn’t have high expectations. But he did so great! He punched and kicked like a little pro! I was so proud!
After the performances, each classroom was set up with a different carnival game for the parents and kids to play together. Everything from paperclip fishing to ping pong balls and chopsticks. After completing all the games and getting our prizes, the whole school walked down to the water-front park for a big picnic together. The kids had a great time running around together and playing.
I still haven’t learned proper picnic etiquette here. My idea of picnic food is some PB&J, some fruit, and a cookie. That isn’t quite the same idea that the parents of Robbie’s classmates have. They showed up with chicken wings, meat balls, vegetables, fruits, breads, yogurt. All seriously prepared in large quantities to share with everyone. PB&J isn’t too easy to share Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson for my next picnic.
Comments
Post a Comment