Because He Lives
We had a wonderful Easter Weekend. We met together as a group to focus on Good Friday at our home. It was a challenging time of remembering Christ's sacrifice. Saturday was a fun time for the kids. We had Rob's niece Ella and 3 of our favorite little friends over to learn about Easter, color eggs, hunt eggs, and eat candy. The kids (and mom's) had a great time together. They probably all had huge sugar hangovers later in the day (I know our kids did)! But it was great fun for all of us! Easter Day we met as a huge group all together to celebrate the Resurrection with a wonderful service and a yummy brunch to follow. It was a really uplifting week for our family in so many ways, fun, friends, family, food, and most of all the knowledge of the hope we have because of the resurrection. Thanks to my friend Lisa, my Chinese vocabulary is expanding so much that I was finally able to have a whole conversation with my ayi in Chinese about the meaning of Easter. We had the best discussion we have ever had and she was really interested in talking about it, in part because of my crazy story that I am saving for my next blog post.
Saturday before Easter I woke up with a strange thought; "What if Jesus were really dead today? What if I couldn't pray, had no guidance, no protection, no friendship with Him, NO HOPE" It occurred to me that I wouldn't even want to get out of bed. I think I would stay in bed and hold my husband and kids tightly. But Praise to Him that because of Easter I will never have to face those fears. I am learning this in Chinese so it now has meaning to me in 2 languages :-)
Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives All fear is gone
Because I know He hold the future
And life is worth living just because He lives
Springtime and Easter are such a beautiful combination. New life is everywhere, the reminder that though the winter may have been dreary, cold, and lifeless, spring will always come again and with it warmth, life, and beauty. And Easter reminds me that because He lives my life is redeemed, full of hope, and full of beauty
.
Saturday before Easter I woke up with a strange thought; "What if Jesus were really dead today? What if I couldn't pray, had no guidance, no protection, no friendship with Him, NO HOPE" It occurred to me that I wouldn't even want to get out of bed. I think I would stay in bed and hold my husband and kids tightly. But Praise to Him that because of Easter I will never have to face those fears. I am learning this in Chinese so it now has meaning to me in 2 languages :-)
Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives All fear is gone
Because I know He hold the future
And life is worth living just because He lives
Springtime and Easter are such a beautiful combination. New life is everywhere, the reminder that though the winter may have been dreary, cold, and lifeless, spring will always come again and with it warmth, life, and beauty. And Easter reminds me that because He lives my life is redeemed, full of hope, and full of beauty
.
I also tried to discuss the meaning of Easter with my Hindi teacher. Difficult to say the least. He got a four-year olds version of what Easter means to me. Then the other woman in my class told what Easter means to her...new jewelry, the Easter bunny, and a trip to the beach. Disappointing to hear. But glad she speaks English so I can really share with her.
ReplyDeleteAmen
ReplyDelete