He's Still The One
So a week ago Rob and I packed a little bag and headed off to Shanghai for 2 whole days and nights!!!! Yippee!!!!! We haven't had any real time alone to relax in well.........It's pretty bad that I have no idea right? We did have one night to ourselves for our Anniversary this summer, but of course it was coupled with our summer traveling schedule so it was only minorly relaxing. If we had loads of disposable income we would love to travel the world, but alas we don't. But what we do have is a wonderful sister and brother-in-law who were willing to watch our kids, and a wonderful family who gave us a little Christmas gift to enjoy. We haven't seen much of China, really only our own city and Beijing, so we decided Shanghai would be a great place to start.
We flew into Shanghai on a Wednesday morning and got down to exploring. We walked around the Yu Garden which is just beautiful. Then we of course did a little souvenir shopping (since we bribed the kids with promises of a present on our return). We arrived during Lantern Festival so there were lots of pretty lights strung up everywhere. We also saw the Bund, the Walking Street, People's Square, and the TV tower. Shanghai has lots of yummy Western food and Western shopping so we thoroughly enjoyed browsing Best Buy, Toys R Us, and GAP. Rob also especially enjoyed his Brazillian BBQ :-) The weather the entire time was wet and yucky but we still had a blast! We even got to (gasp) sleep in one morning with no pitter patter of little feet arriving to wake us up at 7am.
Speaking of that pitter patter.....our kids are really cute and especially wonderful. We adore them! However, having an almost 2 year old and a 3 year old is time and energy consuming. Some days I completely forget what our life was like before having kids. Did we like each other? Did we have fun together? Did we have anything to talk about before we talked about the kids? Of course we did, and I have vague memories of it all, but occasionally it's hard to quite recall those days. Not to mean that we don't have fun normally. We all have a great time together. We love this stage in our lives and wouldn't trade it for anything. It just doesn't leave us with much time alone. So, I was quite delighted to discover that we had fun! Lots of fun! We even found stuff to talk about and laugh about that wasn't our kids. Go figure! So it turns out that handsome, charming, funny guy I married is still just as much fun as I remember. And I was actually be able to escape my mommy persona for a bit and recapture the more carefree side of our marriage :-) I married my best friend and he is still quite the love of my life. I'm so happy to be on this adventure of life with him, in all of its stages. God is good to us.
Comments
Post a Comment