Made in China

So, most of the stuff in our house is: Made in China :-) No surprise there right? So the American, Made in China, stuff tends to last quite a bit longer than the Chinese Made in China stuff. Well about 3 weeks ago Maddie was sick with a cough so I decided that she and I should hop in the shower room and let her lungs benefit from the steam while I showered. So I set Robbie up with a DVD and Maddie and I hopped in the shower room and shut the door. After 20 minutes I figured she had enough steam and I went to open the door. Well, like many things Made in China, the door handle came apart from the latch, and the door WOULD NOT OPEN. It had completely separated off from the latch and there was nothing I could do that would fix it. For the next 5 minutes I hit it for all I was worth with anything heavy I could find, which primarily consisted of the costco size bottle of shampoo I had, but to no avail. We were stuck. Then I started to panick! My 3 year old was out there alone. I was stuck in the bathroom with Maddie, it was majorly hot and steamy. I was also sick and had taken a bunch of cold medicine so I was starting to feel like passing out after hitting the door so many times, and Rob wasn't due home for 2 more hours. I yelled for Robbie who came and then started to look for my cellphone. The poor little guy had to look for 20 minutes before he found it. When he did find it, he just couldn't get his little fingers to do the numeric password (which I have to protect the phone from Maddie) in the right order fast enough. He tried like a trooper, but it just wasn't going to happen. So I told him to take my phone, go sit on the couch, and we would pray that someone would call me. (It's pretty easy for him to answer my phone) So, we waited about 10 minutes and then my friend Maria called. Robbie said what we had rehearsed, "My mommy needs help!" So Maria hung right up and called Rob. He immediately called us back and Robbie told him Mommy was stuck in the bathroom, so Rob ditched his class and ran home to help us. He ended up having to break the door handle completely off to bust us out. So after about an hour and a half we emerged from the bathroom. Maddie was totally fine, she just said, "Mommy, don't cry, I ok" whenever I got a little freaked and then went back to playing in the tub. Another fun day in the Clarke house :-)

Comments

  1. HAH!!! That made me laugh! I would have been panicking too though. Makes me think I need to start training Cole to answer or make calls in case of an emergency. So glad it all worked out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identity

Not forgotten

The Fount of Every Blessing