How beautiful!

As I looked around my living room this morning, I was struck with the beauty that was there.  The room was full of hearts lifted in praise, heads bowed in prayer, hands holding the word of life.  The lives of the people in that room are so precious to me.  They are certainly not without flaw.  They are real people with real problems.  Some are experiencing deeply painful circumstances.  Some are contemplating uncertain futures.  Some are rejoicing in new love.  Our circumstances, jobs, families, ages, relationships, finances, are quite different, but our hearts beat the same.  

Although I know firsthand that this was a difficult week for many of them, I also know the sacrifices of love they poured out this week into each other's lives as well as into the lives of many in our community.  They gave of themselves selflessly.  They loved with pure hearts.  They held the hands of those who were crying.  They gave assistance to those in need.  They prayed over those who were burdened.  They shared the truth with gentle joyful spirits.  They were a light into dark places.  We worked together and worked separately, but with the same heart and the same goal.  We said goodbye to one of our sisters this week.  Although we already miss her deeply, we pressed on.  I am so proud of each of them.  I am humbled to be a part of their lives.  I can see all around me the difference they are making.  It is evident in hearts and lives of people I meet around town.  It is evidenced by the steady flow of new faces in the living room.  Their lives are strong, beautiful, and compleing.  We won't know what true unity is until we reach our final destination, but the taste of it in my living room takes my breath away.  

The refrain from this Twila Paris song has been stuck in my head all week.  How beautiful.

How beautiful when humble hearts give
the fruit of pure lives
so that others may live.
how beautiful is the body of Christ.

How beautiful the feet that bring
the sound of good news
and the love of the King.

How Beautiful is the body of Christ

How beautiful the hands that serve
the wine and the bread
and the sons of the earth.
how beautiful is the body of Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fount of Every Blessing

I did it again :-)

Better a Neighbor who is near