What's for dinner?
The other day after spending the day at the hospital with baby Silas & Mckenzie, my friend Maria and I had a few minutes to go adventuring down a little side alley that I have always wanted to visit with camera in hand. The locals tell me it's too touristy these days, which I suppose means I'm a bit of a tourist at heart because I had so much fun wandering with my camera and no kids attached.
I get endless entertainment out of Chinese food. There are so many things that I see here that we simply don't have in America. Add to that the fact that Chinese people eat almost everything, and anything. There are no parts of the animals that are sacred; pit snouts, chicken feet, cow tongue, and everything in-between.
Street food vendors are all over the place in China. Much of it smells appealing and some of it you couldn't pay me to eat. Some of it is normal fare like fruits and vegetables and some of it is a bit more exotic.I am not very brave so I prefer to photograph the street food rather than eat it :-)
A very common belief here: Bugs, scorpions, creepy crawly seafood, and sugar covered fruits; everything tastes better on a stick.
To add to the quaint old-China feel there were a few pretty doorways that begged to be photographed. I love little spots like this that are tucked away between the hustling city streets. They add character and make me feel like a little child on a treasure hunt.
Comments
Post a Comment