The boys


Today I was so proud of my little man. In the last year Robbie has grown up in so many ways and this summer I am just bursting with pride as I watch him. Last summer he was adorable, sweet, shy, and nervous. He was 2 almost 3 so that wasn't strange and I wasn't worried. But his preschool attendance this year coupled with another year of life has brought about some amazing changes in him. This summer he is brave and confident and full of fun. He's been fishing, swimming, sword fighting, playing baseball, and football. I have enjoyed so much watching him join in and play without fear in so many different circumstances, picnics, playgrounds, pools, and the neighbors houses. Today at a picnic he marched right up to a few teenage boys he didn't know who were playing football, and he joined right in! I laughed outloud watching him. He was so fearless and having so much fun!


I was wondering as I watched him who he would turn out like? What will he be like as he grows up? I hope it doesn't happen too quickly, but I am excited to see the man he will become. It struck me that he could really turn out like any of the men in his life and that would be just fine. He is so fortunate to have an amazing father who loves him dearly and is a great role-model for him. They play and talk and learn with each other. Add to that 2 wonderful grandfathers who adore him, and a few really great uncles and you have quite the pack of men to look up to. Every one of those men loves and serves God with all of their hearts. It is an amazing heritage for him. He already has such a brave and tender heart and with all these men to look up to I am excited for his future.

Comments

  1. i just LOVE the picture of robbie in the yellow chair with his chalk drawing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identity

Not forgotten

The Fount of Every Blessing